Mother and Daughter Time
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Dad and the boys left for the Father and sons campout yesterday afternoon. The boys were very excited to go camping. The campout is at President Brimhall's Ranch in Florence. Everyone says it's a spectacular place. The youth have been up there several times on campouts and the 11 year-old scout camp is held there every year. Brady and Kasey have had the privilege of attending this camp where they have taken part in a special program and reenacting how Joseph Smith received the Gold Plates. It's very cool.
I digress from talking about Mom & Daughter time with Brinkley and I... So after the boys left for the campout I took Brinkley to her babysitting job. She is helping out Amber Palmer, President Ferrell's (our home teacher) daughter who just had her 3rd baby. Pres. Ferrell is paying Brinkley $8.00/hr to be a nanny for two hours a day. Brinkley absolutely loves it. She loves the children and has even been able to teach their daughter a little bit of sign language. Brinkley is taking sign language at school. Brinkley said that the Palmer's love that she can teach their daughter some sign language because someone in Bro. Palmer's family is deaf, and now his daughter can share a few words in sign language. Very nice.
While Brinkley was babysitting I headed over to Wal-mart to look at purchasing some of the pioneer clothing items that Brady and Brinkley will need for their Pioneer Trek they are going on at the end of May. I got Brinkley's material for her skirt and bonnett, and a pioneer looking blouse. I got Brady a straw hat and some pants. I just need to find some suspenders. I forgot to look while I was shopping. After shopping, I picked Brinkley up and we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We shared the Spicy Cashew Chicken dish and enjoyed talking with each other. After dinner we went inside the mall and did some shopping. Brinkley found two pairs of jeans for $9.99 each. I bought one pair for her and she bought the other. She was really in need of pants. I also got her some fun earrings. She also purchased two shirts and a cute and fun purse/bag that's black and white. I also found some cute sea blue/brown stone bracelets and so we got matching ones. After shopping we went back home and we were going to watch a video together but we each got caught up on designing our blogs, etc...
This morning at 7:00 AM I took Brinkley to her friends house, Amber Olds. They are going on a Cystic Fibrosis Walk. Amber has this disease and every year her family and friends go on this walk. So our Mother and Daughter time is over for now. I had a great time with Brinkley. She's a fun girl to hang out with. I learn more and more about her each day. I think it's important to say that yes, I love Brinkley, because she's my daughter, but I really like her too. She's an amazing person. I will be posting how I feel about Brinkley at another time.
Thanks Brink for the Mother & Daughter time!
I digress from talking about Mom & Daughter time with Brinkley and I... So after the boys left for the campout I took Brinkley to her babysitting job. She is helping out Amber Palmer, President Ferrell's (our home teacher) daughter who just had her 3rd baby. Pres. Ferrell is paying Brinkley $8.00/hr to be a nanny for two hours a day. Brinkley absolutely loves it. She loves the children and has even been able to teach their daughter a little bit of sign language. Brinkley is taking sign language at school. Brinkley said that the Palmer's love that she can teach their daughter some sign language because someone in Bro. Palmer's family is deaf, and now his daughter can share a few words in sign language. Very nice.
While Brinkley was babysitting I headed over to Wal-mart to look at purchasing some of the pioneer clothing items that Brady and Brinkley will need for their Pioneer Trek they are going on at the end of May. I got Brinkley's material for her skirt and bonnett, and a pioneer looking blouse. I got Brady a straw hat and some pants. I just need to find some suspenders. I forgot to look while I was shopping. After shopping, I picked Brinkley up and we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We shared the Spicy Cashew Chicken dish and enjoyed talking with each other. After dinner we went inside the mall and did some shopping. Brinkley found two pairs of jeans for $9.99 each. I bought one pair for her and she bought the other. She was really in need of pants. I also got her some fun earrings. She also purchased two shirts and a cute and fun purse/bag that's black and white. I also found some cute sea blue/brown stone bracelets and so we got matching ones. After shopping we went back home and we were going to watch a video together but we each got caught up on designing our blogs, etc...
This morning at 7:00 AM I took Brinkley to her friends house, Amber Olds. They are going on a Cystic Fibrosis Walk. Amber has this disease and every year her family and friends go on this walk. So our Mother and Daughter time is over for now. I had a great time with Brinkley. She's a fun girl to hang out with. I learn more and more about her each day. I think it's important to say that yes, I love Brinkley, because she's my daughter, but I really like her too. She's an amazing person. I will be posting how I feel about Brinkley at another time.
Thanks Brink for the Mother & Daughter time!






0 comments:
Post a Comment