Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

Letter to Siblings and Mom from Elder Lester

Monday, September 19, 2011

Dear Kolby,

Thank you for your letter bro. I want to take a little time to write you :) You are awesome Kolby!! I am glad that you are going to start reading the BoM because my testimony of that book is what really helps me help the people, because I know without a doubt that it is true. It has helped me so much and I see the blessings of living by its teachings. Keep it up brother! Things here are awesome! Elder Escamilla and I are doing great. We Baptized 2 more yesterday! We are having a great time working together! New foods...not really. Yesterday I did buy a little bag of crickets to eat with lime :) It was good! I love you tons Kolby!!

Elder Lester


Dear Braxely,

Hey bro!! How are things? Thank you for your letter but please write more hahaha! That's good that you are getting things done with scouts! Even if its boring, try to make it fun. If you do that you will enjoy it and learn even more! Well things here are great! I am learning tons and really feel the love of God in my life. Do you feel His love? I hope you are praying and reading the BoM everyday because that is how you feel His love. If you don't feel His love, you don't know Him...something I have learned :) Well keep up with the chores and your straight As!!

Elder Lester


Dear Kasey,

What a blessing it is that you have a job! That is awesome! I hope that you give the Lord thanks for that blessing in your life. Something I learned recently in the BoM is that the righteous always gave thanks to their Lord and we must too. I hope you won't be stupid like me and waste all of your money. Save most of it but always enjoy it and treat yourself to something good after a hard week of work. But be wise! I am so happy that school is going great! Keep it up! School is one of the most important things you must work and focus on. I love you tons and you are really my best friend in the world! I miss you more that anybody and you are always in my prayers! I can't wait to see you in 14 months so I can still school you in bball lol :)

Elder Lester


Dear Brinkley,

Things sound like you are doing a ton! Work is awesome and especially nanny jobs because you are right, it will help you for your future family. The calling of a mother is the most important calling somebody can have in this life. More important than being the prophet hahaha, and God gives that calling to you wonder women. It's a sacred calling and the Lord gives all the help needed to fulfill it successfully. I hope you have a great week! I love you :)

Elder Lester


Hey Mom,

Just wanted to write you a quick letter to let you know that I love you tons! You do so much for me and always have the best for me in mind. Even though we are miles away, I really do feel your love in my life. I really feel like the Lord is blessing you and all the kids with so much!! Always remember that we all love you. Even though sometimes the kids don't show their appreciation much towards you for what you are trying to teach them, remember that you are not the only one. Think of a missionary who gets rejected by someone trying to do something good and bring his salvation into his life. Think about Jesus Christ. Every time we sin we really don't show our appreciation for His atonement. I feel like we take advantage of it alot. We don't give thanks for that blessing. The Lord does not put trials in our lives...He only allows the adversary to try us so that we can learn and grow. Without that we can't return to His presence. We are tried and if we come out faithful we will be blessed.

Read D&C 121:1-9. Those are all times that we feel, but there is a promise in there for all of us. Read 1 Nephi 3:7. The Lord always provides a way for us in our difficulties. Remember that you are a daughter of God. You hold the greatest calling in the world...a Mother. I told Brinkley in her email that it is even more important than being the prophet. The Lord entrusts the future of His kingdom in your hands. Your kids are the future of the church, leaders and missionaries and parents. You have the responsibilty of raising us. Sounds intimidating I know...but you can do it.

Remember that you can pray and He listens and answers. That is your greatest tool as a Mother...prayer and counsel from Him in the scriptures. That is how you can receive revelation as a Mom. It won't come all at once, but one day you will realize that all your life you were actually receiving revelation for your family. Have faith and keep the commandments. You also have leaders who have been called to help you as a Mother. I love you and am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that He gave me the best Mother in the world.

Love you,
Elder Brady Lester

0 comments:

Post a Comment