Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

41

Friday, October 17, 2008

Today is my 41st Birthday. My sweet friend Dawn sent me a package. Wow! It included the nicest card, a treat, stationary with my initial "K", a fun little girl talk book and some post-it notes, and my favorite stuff of all time...Philosophy products! She knows how I love Philosophy. It was the Philosophy Birthday package with three different flavors of bath products and the birthday lip gloss. Saying how thoughtful Dawn is would be an understatement. She makes me miss being home in Gilbert. I wish I was there to give her a hug.
My other friend Carla spent four days here with her family, which I haven't written about yet, but before she left she gave me some birthday treats: Balsamic Vinegar, Brownie mix, a book, and some cute magnets. Thank you Carla for thinking of me. Hugs!
My Mom sent me some great Philosophy stuff too! I love the Pure Grace fragrance and so she sent me the body spritzer and lotion and the supernatural foundation, which is so fabulous! Way too much Mom...but thank you!
Today, I am treating myself to a movie. It's not really a treat because I go to the movies all the time, but there's a new movie I want to go see. Other than that, I will work for half the day and then just hang around the house. The kids are off of school for Fall break. They love staying home and playing the Wii.
I can't believe I have lived on the earth for 41 years. Where has the time gone? What have I really accomplished?
Well...Happy Birthday to Me!
Follow up... The movie I saw was "The Secret Life of Bees." I really liked it. Brad, Brinkley and I went. In the afternoon our great neighbors invited us over to carve pumpkins and eat macaroni & cheese. How fun! The kids had a great time and I held the new baby so Becky could get some stuff done.
Later that evening Brad and I met Marilyn and Ernest for dinner. We ate at Carrabba's - my AZ favorite restaurant. The only one close here is in Orem. It was so fun and oh so yummy. We had a great waiter who was from Mesa, AZ of all places. He's going to BYU. The owner also came over and visited with us and treated us to free dessert. We were so full so we ended up taking most of our entrees in a take out box and the dessert. That sneaky Ernest paid for our dinner! The last time we went out they paid! I told Ernest that next time there is no way he's paying...we are! And I will sit closest to him so I can get the check! Afterwards, we went to Burlington Coat Factory. It was Ernest's great suggestion so I could get myself a winter coat. That's what I really needed instead of a birthday gift. When I suggested it to Brad the day before, he got mad and didn't even wish me a happy birthday on my birthday...so I figured I am done with the whole gift giving thing. No understanding from him and too many disappointments, so why should I go through that on every special occasion? I did find a coat, gloves and scarf. Afterwards, Ernest took us to "Pudding on the Rice." It serves gourmet rice pudding - all different flavors. Oh my, it was so delicious and now I will have to drive to Provo to get some more! Anyone visiting must try the rice pudding.
I had so much fun going out with Ernest and Marilyn. We laugh so much. They really made my day! Thank you to my Mom and my friends for making my birthday fun with my favorite goodies and the laughs and yummy food!

2 comments:

Everyday Moments October 17, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

Happy Birthday to you. Wish I was there again so we could play together.

Have a great day.

Carla

Terolleeq October 18, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

Happy Happy Belated Birthday!!!!Just got back from Canyon Lake with the 4th years young women, we had a riot. I am a little sunburned. Hope you had a great day! xo Terol

Post a Comment