Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

Volunteering

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I've been so busy lately with all my new "callings" I call them. I am so busy with working and managing a household, but I also have some new assignments...

1. I am the editor for the school newsletter at Kolby and Braxley's school - Eastlake Elementary. You can view the newsletter. I had so much fun creating it. I will publish one each month.

Shortly after that assignment I was voted in as the...

2. Utah PTA Council Treasurer. The Utah PTA Council is divided up in regions and I'm in the South Jordan Southwest Region over 16 schools. Whew!

I am also serving on the...

3. Board of the Bingham Performing Arts Association.

and...

4. I'm the new Band Booster President Elect. I will become the Band President at the end of this school year. I am working now on organizing committees, fund raising and planning for next year. I recently organized the Region III Marching Band Competition and the High School and served as the judge host. It was a lot of fun. Bingham took 1st place! Yeah!

I am enjoying this work. I feel like I have some great opportunities here.

The football games have been so fun at Bingham High School. And who could complain about the view of the Jordan River Temple practically in the backyard of the stadium.

This is Brady playing his solo.

Brinkley the great French Horn player!

0 comments:

Post a Comment