All my children hold a special place in my heart and Braxley and I have always had a very close bond. When he was very little he would always say, "Love you Mom, got you first!" and he would say, "You will never be more than unbeautiful." We were talking about that unbeautiful quote a couple of weeks ago, and when I told Braxley he use to say that to me, he looked at me and said, "I am so sorry. I must have had a pea size of a brain. I didn't mean it like that. I meant that you are beautiful and you wouldn't be any less than that." We just laughed because when he was little and would say that I never realized what he was saying. I just took it as a compliment, but he just said it wrong. So funny. Braxley is way smart. Last fall he drew these pictures and gave them to me:


He wrote: "Kimberly Lester is the best mom ever" and "A home is protected by the love of the family" That quote is amazing. I told him it sounded like something you would hear in General Conference from one of the general authorities or in the church magazines. Actually, I think I am going to send it to the Friend magazine. It's a perfect and true quote and it really does show me that he knows what's important in life and where one's priorities should be. He's such a great example and he really is blessed with a smart and creative brain that there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't say something wise like that.
This is Braxley with a couple of scrapes on his nose that he received from his brother Kolby. If you look closely you will see that the bottom one is in the shape of a heart. Braxley has a big heart and is my heart. It's no wonder that his boo boo would be in the shape of a heart!
0 comments:
Post a Comment