MTC Week 1 - Elder Lester's First Letter from the MTC
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Hey there everyone!!
This letter is going to be short because I had trouble getting into my account so I only have 18 minutes haha! Anyways what a week I have had so far! It has been a blast! I am in a district of 12 Elders. Four of us, who are all in my room, are going to the Mexico Puebla Mission. Elder Hammond and Elder Cummeck are comps and Elder Walker is my companion. I am the senior companion for the first four weeks. We are getting along great! Elder Walker is from Pleasent Grove, UT. The other Elders in my district are Elder Christoferson, Elder Justenson, Elder Palleta, and Elder Nielson, who are going to the Bolivia Santa Cruz Mission, Elder Framton and Elder Shefield, who are going to the Tempe Arizona Mission, and Elder Bell and Elder Clarke, who are going to the Spocan Washinton Mission. They are all so cool!
The other day we met with our Branch Presidency and met President Lloyd, our Branch President. They talked to us and interviewed each of us Elders. After...I got called to be the District Leader. Hahaha imagine that! I am very grateful and humbled for this calling. I am ready to serve my distict and hope to set the example for them.
My teachers are Hermana (sister) Truman and Hermano (brother) Cleek. They are wonderful! They help out so much and am looking forward to learning from them. In the first few days here I can bear my testimony, meet people, and pray...fluently in Spanish. It is so amazing!! The Lord's hand is definately in this work. We have also started to outline lesson 1 in Preach My Gospel and on Monday we get to teach it to people!! I am so excited!
So I have seen everyone here!! Elder Alston and I have the same P-day, gym, and pretty much same schedule which is awesome. I have seen Elder Dustin Johnson, Elder John Sumpter, Elder Jacob Palfreyman here too! It was way cool to see them!! :)
The food here in the MTC is pretty good but is not good for the bowels haha. It makes us smell and make funny noises in class. The past few days we have had alot of workshops on our purpose as missionaries and other great tools as missionaries. The schedule starting next week will be our normal schedule so look forward to my emails on Fridays which is my normal P-day. I am excited to serve the Lord and can't wait to get to Mexico Puebla!!
I gotta go know since my time is running out but I will write more next week! Thank you for all the letters and goodies everyone and your prayers. I love you all and can't wait to hear from you!
Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdad y es el otro testamento de Jesucristo. Soy Elder Lester y soy un misionero y reprensentate de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santo de los Ultimos Dias.
Love,







0 comments:
Post a Comment