Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

Led by the Spirit

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I shared this with Elder Lester in the letter I sent him today:

While I was reading last night I read this great scripture in 1st Nephi 9:6 - Nephi testifies, "But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen." I thought about you and the great work you are doing as a Missionary and learning the Spanish language. The Lord will help you accomplish what is needed in this great work!

This morning for scripture study we were reading about how Nephi was led by the Spirit to Laban so he could get the brass plates. It was a new insight into how exactly Nephi was so successful at following the Spirit. Nephi was willing to try time and again, using his best efforts. He expressed faith that he would be helped. He refused to be discouraged. But because he acted, had confidence in the Lord, was obedient, and properly used his agency, he received guidance. He was inspired step after step to success, and in his mother's words was "given...power to accomplish the things which the Lord hath commanded." (1 Nephi 5:8)

Nephi knew he was required to confide in God, to exercise faith, and to act so that he could receive help, step by step. He did not murmur nor ask for full explanation. He did not wait passively for help. He acted! By following spiritual law, he was inspired and given power to act.

I believe that lesson is perfect for Missionary work and would be a great lesson to share with your district and throughout your mission. Let me know what you think about it. :)

I just love learning and I believe that the Lord is blessing our family. I saw President Peterson last week and I told him that I feel a deep reverence and gratitude for your service. I'm sure I already told you that, but it is truly felt throughout our home and within us individually.

Post a Comment