Welcome 2012!
Sunday, January 1, 2012
I have to say that I am grateful that we have a Brand New Year! I'm always grateful to start anew. For me, I've always done New Year's goals and goals when the kids go back to school each year. It's another new starting point and it's always worked well for me. This past year however, I was not that good about it. I really think I was just existing - just trying to get through the days doing the best I could. I've been so tired. I work hard physically and mentally, so it's just exhausting sometimes. But looking back on 2011 - amid the heartbreaks, the challenges, and learning that so much time was wasted in being in fear, there have been so many Blessings in my life and the lives of my family:
Finding out I had insurance on tires so when one goes bad it doesn't cost me anything to replace it, new carpet in the house from a great landlord, help from a nice man when we had a flat tire, Brinkley being able to get into Dental Assisting School and the amazing miracle for the up front financing and us being able to make the payments, Brinkley's many jobs working at DownEast, nannying, and getting a job at my work, Freebies - no money spent on things, Our eight year old van that still gets us where we need to go even with 140,000+ miles, Brady's Mission - being able to talk with him on Mother's Day and Skype on Christmas Day, his good health, a fast year that has gone by, and many blessings we receive as a family because of his service, boys doing great in school with their grades and good friends, Kasey getting a job in the business that I'm in, a second car for our family, good health, and so many more things that I know I am missing...so many more...
Finding out I had insurance on tires so when one goes bad it doesn't cost me anything to replace it, new carpet in the house from a great landlord, help from a nice man when we had a flat tire, Brinkley being able to get into Dental Assisting School and the amazing miracle for the up front financing and us being able to make the payments, Brinkley's many jobs working at DownEast, nannying, and getting a job at my work, Freebies - no money spent on things, Our eight year old van that still gets us where we need to go even with 140,000+ miles, Brady's Mission - being able to talk with him on Mother's Day and Skype on Christmas Day, his good health, a fast year that has gone by, and many blessings we receive as a family because of his service, boys doing great in school with their grades and good friends, Kasey getting a job in the business that I'm in, a second car for our family, good health, and so many more things that I know I am missing...so many more...
This year my theme is taken from President Thomas S. Monson's talk in the January Ensign. It encompasses many of the thoughts that have been in my heart and mind lately, and when I read his article I just knew it was for me and what my yearly theme was to be. I want to improve this year by Living an Abundant Life - a life filled with an abundance of success, goodness, and blessings. Having a positive attitude, believing in yourself, and facing challenges with courage. I have many things that I want to work on in regards to my health, work, family, mental and spiritual, etc.. I am so looking forward to each day now and pray for the help of a loving Heavenly Father. "For I know the plans I have for you. plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future." I believe this!









0 comments:
Post a Comment