Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

Unexpected Life

Thursday, November 15, 2012


So many things have happened in my life over the last couple of years. I don’t even remember how I was before my life changed. Truly, I don't. And I would go through it all again to be where I am right now. I have grown in so many ways. I’m so grateful I found myself and that I could feel whole again. I'm grateful that my outside matches my inside.  

Our family is so much better. My children continue to grow and thrive and I truly see how Heavenly Father has blessed us all.

Recently something really unexpected happened. It's bigger than me and truly shows God's hand in my life. I am ever so grateful.

My life did not go the way that I planned it, but it is going exactly the way God planned it. HE has a greater plan for me. Much of the plan has involved heartache and pain (all for a divine purpose) but it has also involved joy, more pure and intense than I ever thought possible. Years ago I felt like everything was falling apart but little did I know that God was simply putting my life together exactly the way HE wants it.

I have learned that "we must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell. I have embraced this and also learned that things don't always happen as you planned and sometimes you find yourself in an "untraditional" situation. Despite the challenges, "untraditional," has meant the miracle of hope and the reality of true love and pure and everlasting joy.

I love my Unexpected Life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment