Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

Happy 10th Birthday Braxley!

Monday, August 16, 2010

This is one of my favorite pictures of you. It was taken on your 8th birthday at Temple Square. Just you and I went to Temple Square and walked around and you let me take so many pictures of you on your special day. I can't believe it's two years later. You are more grown up and still adorable!
What an exciting day for you...turning 10 in 2010!

The started out our day saying Happy Birthday to you and giving you hugs and loves. After sending everyone else off to school, you and I went to the grocery store, before you started school, so we could pick up the items needed to make your requested chocolate mint cake made with Andes Mints, and some yummy ice cream fixins. Your favorite ice cream of course is Mint Chocolate Chip. This trip to the store was actually made so you could get your favorite chocolate milk for a birthday breakfast treat! :)

Later I picked you up from school to take you to lunch. Your choice is your tradition..."Joe's BBQ. You love that place and you get your meal free on your Birthday! You enjoyed the pulled pork sandwhich topped with the SPICY bbq sauce, because nothing is too spicy for you. You chose the homemade mac-n-cheese and rootbeer cake and homemade rootbeer to drink. It was so great spending some time with you during the day - just Mom and Braxley! That brings me back to so many memories when you were smaller. I have been so blessed to be able to be home and to raise you... and all your siblings.

You couldn't wait until after school so you could open your present! You chose to do this before dinner, cake and ice cream. You finally got the iPod you've been wanting for so long! What a happy smile!


After you opened your present we went to dinner. You chose to go to Cracker Barrell. You wanted the popcorn shrimp! You even ordered "okra." That's what I always orders for one of my side dishes. We enjoyed a fun and yummy dinner. Playing checkers is always fun to do at Cracker Barrell and I learned how smart you are at checkers since you beat me big time!
The dinner ended with a big hot fudge sundae made especially for you!

We were so full after dinner that it took awhile before we finally had the cake, ice cream, singing, and the blowing out of the candles.
President and Sister Ferrell stopped by and then took the boys to their TIE wearhouse. Braxley got to pick out two ties for his birthday, and Kolby did the same since his birthday is coming up. Brady and Kasey each got one tie. I love that the boys want ties for their gifts and love wearing them. We are grateful to President and Sister Ferrell for blessing us in so many ways, including really cool ties!

Braxley said that this was the best birthday ever. I think he said that last year too. I remember when the kids said on Christmas day that it was their best Christmas ever. I think every year is just the best and they are happy. That makes me happy.

 Braxley also found a new love this year - Chess. He learned how to play at Cub Scouts. He has received the Chess Belt Loop. It's great to see him and his brothers play. He wins everytime!






Braxley, I hope you enjoy being 10. I have been so happy being your mom for the past 10 years and even before that! You are truly my sunshine and happiness everyday. You are brilliant and funny. I love our time together in the mornings after everyone else has left for school, and the time we also have after I pick you up from school. I also enjoy having Wednesday nights together when everyone is at mutual/scouts. You are my sushi and tennis partner. I love our Braxley and Mommy time. We have always had that and I look forward to many more years. And remember Braxley, "I love ya, gotcha first!" 

0 comments:

Post a Comment