Patriarchal Blessing, Priesthood Ordinations, and AP
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
September 2nd, was the most fabulous Sabbath Day. It started out with Kasey receiving his Patriarchal Blessing. Patriarch Greer, through our Heavenly Father, pronounced a beautiful and marvelous blessing especially for Kasey. It was so wonderful to get a glimpse into this young man's future life. I felt it an honor to be present. Kasey was so pleased.
Directly after the blessing we went to Church. Braxley had an appointment to meet with Bishop Turner and I was invited as well. The Bishop wanted to explain to Braxley what would be happening today when he is presented before the ward for a sustaining vote for him to receive the Priesthood and to be ordained to the Office of Deacon. He told Braxley that he and Kolby, who would be presented to be ordained to the Office of Teacher, would both sit on the stand at the beginning. He then said that even though he hasn't been ordained yet, he would like to offer him a calling in the Deacon's Quorum. Braxley was asked to serve as the Secretary. In addition, the Bishop explained that this coming Saturday, September 8th, there would a Youth Leadership Training meeting for six hours and that Braxley was invited and he would be learning a lot about leadership, and he explained some other things about it. Braxley asked what the dress was, and the Bishop, and the Bishopic who were also present, thought that was an excellent question. The dress is to be business casual. The Bishop said that they wanted the young men to understand what dressing business casual is and he explained it to Braxley. Promptly the next day I was on an errand to get Braxley and Kasey, who is also serving as Secretary in the Priest Quorum, a button up dress shirt for them to wear to their leadership training meeting. Kolby is bummed that he won't be able to attend. He helped plan the meeting as he has been serving as the Deacon's Quorum President for the past year. I look forward to Kolby being able to serve in the Teacher's Quorum at some point. Kolby truly blossomed with this calling as Deacon's Quorum President. He grew leaps and bounds with that wonderful opportunity to serve.
After the meeting with the Bishop it was time was Sacrament meeting. It was Fast Sunday and something unexpected happened. Everyone in our family bore their testimony. Kasey was the first and he said that he was born of goodly parents and loved his dad and Mom, and especially wanted to express how much he loved me. He said that he got to thinking about what I do every day and that I'm such a hard worker and that there's no way he could do that. He expressed his gratitude and love for me and was choked up about it. That was his testimony. Such a sweet surprise.
Kolby was next to bear his testimony. It was strong and he touched on all the important parts of the Gospel and also being thankful for Seminary and his leaders. It was a strong testimony. Then the biggest surprise was when Braxley stood to bear his testimony. He started out by saying, "After two I guess I can't let my brothers outdo me." That's so Braxley! Always the one to come up with something funny to say. He bore a strong testimony as well.
I had felt at the beginning of Sacrament meeting that I needed to bear my testimony. I have had so much to be grateful for and the Bishop said that I was just beaming of the Spirit when Braxley and I went into his office. He knew we had just come from Kasey's Patriarchal Blessing, and he knew about the boys ordaining's later that day, and then I told him that we just received Brady's letter a day earlier than normal, and that he had been called to be an Assistant to the President on his Mission. Brady is now an AP. In the history of the Mexico Puebla Mission, he is one of three Elders who have had the opportunity to serve as Junior Companion, Senior Companion, Trainer, District Leader, Zone Leader and now AP, but he was also a Branch President. It was a day to beam!
So I was feeling like I needed to go bear my testimony but I was nervous and my thoughts were jumbled, but after all three boys went, I just couldn't sit there, I had to go. Their example is what gave me the strength. I was almost too emotional to speak but I expressed my gratitude to my children and said how we have this big vinyl lettering on our wall that says, "We Believe in Being Good," and these children are so GOOD. I shared some feelings about each of the boys and Brinkley and Brady. I thanked the ward for their kindness to our family and serving us for so many years with such great teachers and leaders who magnify their callings. I told them that even though we've been in this ward for many years, I was so grateful that I took that leap of faith and was obedient to the prompting that this is where we needed to live and where my children needed to be, because of the leaders in this ward. I thanked them all for supporting and writing Brady and thanked our home teachers over the years and Bishoprics. I was just so grateful.
After I bore my testimony, Brinkley bore her testimony. It was a sweet testimony of the scriptures and prayer. She's a beautiful young woman.
I couldn't be more proud and love these kids more than I do.
After Church Kolby and Braxley were ordained. Braxley was given the Priesthood and ordained to the Office of Deacon by President Ferrell. He was our home teacher before he left for his mission to China. It's so good to have him and Paula home. And Kolby was ordained to the Office of Teacher by Bishop Turner. Both boys received wonderful blessings. Kasey was also able to stand in the circle and help ordain Kolby and Braxley. That was very special.
I realized that I have a boy at every level of the Priesthood now - Deacon-Braxley, Teacher-Kolby, Priest-Kasey, and Elder-Brady. I am so grateful for the Gospel and for the programs of the Church that help mold these young men. They are all thriving in their lives. We Believe in Being Good and Brady, Brinkley, Kasey, Kolby and Braxley are so very good and I am so blessed to be apart of their lives each and every day. I wouldn't choose anything else.






0 comments:
Post a Comment