Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

9/11 Remembered

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today marks the 7th anniversary of the 911 terror attacks on the World Trade Center Towers, the Pentagon, and a site in Shanksville, Pennsylvania where flight United 93 crashed. We lost 2,751 people at the towers, 184 at the Pentagon and 40 passengers on flight 93. All the names are being read at each of these memorial sites today. What a sad day...it hasn't, nor will this ever be forgotten.
I've been so emotional about this day. And it's sad that it takes an anniversary day like this for us, for me, to remember. I believe I always remember, I guess it just tugs at my heart strings so much more on this day. I am easily brought to tears over all the media coverage. I remember Alan Jackson's song "Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day?" It's interesting how I can forget things from one day to the next, but I will never forget where I was when I heard that a plane, then a second, crashed into the World Trade Center. I was just leaving my workout at Curves. I was driving down Southern Ave. in Mesa, AZ going towards home. I had talk radio on, like usual, but it wasn't a usual news day. I drove in shock as I listened to the reports. I rushed home to turn the TV on and stayed there, glued, into the wee hours of the morning. Braxley was just over a year old, Kolby was three, Kasey was five, Brinkley was eight and Brady was 10. I remember being scared to go out and have the three kids go to school.
My prayers are with the families who have lost so much, and I give thanks again to our heroes, and I'm always quick to thank anyone I see out in public that serves our country so that I may live in this great country peacefully. I was at Einstein's Bagels one time and there were some firemen behind me in line. I paid for their breakfast and gave them thanks for all that they do. It's a great thing to pay it forward.

1 comments:

Everyday Moments September 11, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Wow! I was just posting about 9/11 also. What memories this day stirs up. I love the photo you posted. I'll also watch the YouTube video. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment