Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

Kasey's Birthday!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Kasey turned 13 years old today! Wow, I can't believe you are a teenager already! Kasey was lucky to have no school on his birthday, so Kasey and I took advantage of the day and had some fun! We first went to Sports Authority so Kasey could pick out some basketball shoes that he wanted for his Birthday. He got a great pair of black Nike basketball shoes that he loves. We then went to Chick-fil-A for lunch - his favorite, and we drove down to Provo so he could get some Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - another favorite. We then went to BYU and spent some time in the bookstore. It's so fun going there and looking at everything they have. When we came back home I started cooking his favorite requested Birthday Dinner - Steak, Mash Potatoes, Corn on the Cob and Garlic Bread. He asks for this every year. He also asks for a homemade cake. This time he wanted all chocolate.
It was a fun day and I was grateful to spend it with you Kasey! I love you!

2 comments:

dream quilt create April 18, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

What a great mom you are. Sounds like Kasey had memorable birthday with you and the family and David Archuleta. Did you scream on the phone when your friend told you to grab the family and go to the e center? Being coordinators of the temple celebration is sure opening a lot of doors for you. You are being blessed for your dedication. I bet anything that you will get to meet President Monson.

Kimberly April 18, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Thanks so much Cynthia! No, I didn't scream when I heard about the tickets. I only do that when I see you! :) I do feel so blessed to be apart of the Temple Celebration. Each day I am just so grateful. I love living here and having so many opportunites for my children. Wow, do you really think we would be able to meet the Prophet? I know he will be front and center with his family and other general authorities the night of the Celebration performance. That would be great if we could meet him. We've been so excited just to be at the Conference Center, coming in through the back and seeing everything that's back there, and standing where the podium is, etc... I love that building. Thanks for your friendship! Love ya!

Post a Comment