Braxley's First Date
Saturday, April 11, 2009
I'd like to think that I could be Braxley's first date, when he turned 16, but someone else beat me to it. Sister Tera Eliason from our ward often has the kids over to play Guitar Hero, watch movies, etc... Yeah, she does. She loves having the kids over and playing with them. They absolutely love it, and I'm happy to share. As I write this, the kids are over at her house coloring Easter Eggs. We didn't color our own eggs this year. First time. I guess I thought that everyone was too old now, but obviously I was wrong. So thank you Sister Eliason for being the Mother my kids should have had today. :)
Now back to the date...Tera called to speak to Braxley. She said, "Well I guess I should tell you about this first" She wanted to ask Braxley over for a date to eat Sushi and watch the movie "Bolt." The kids had taken the DVD down to her earlier this week for her to watch. It's a cute and funny movie and we knew she would enjoy it. She explained that she found out that Braxley loved Sushi. She thought that was awesome. She goes and gets Sushi every Saturday morning, so she thought it would be fun to treat Braxley to a date of Sushi and a movie. How clever. I told her that Braxley was at the church playing basketball, but I could go get him and let him know, and I was sure he would be very excited...and he was! He came home and got freshened up. He changed his clothes, brushed his teeth, and fixed his hair, and then my darling 8 year-old was off on his first date with Sister Eliason who lives just a few houses down our street. I think he's remember this day for a long time.






0 comments:
Post a Comment