Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

Draper Utah Temple Open House

Saturday, January 17, 2009


Today was our reservation to attend the Draper Utah Temple Open House. What an exciting opportunity we had. This Temple is so beautiful. The Ordinance rooms are breathtaking. We saw four of them. Two of them had the most beautiful painted murals I have ever seen. The other two rooms I felt were as beautiful as a Celestial Room....then you go in and see the Celestial Room and you are just in awe of the beauty of it. The whole experience was outstanding. This is what each of the kids said about their favorite part of attending the Temple:

Brady - "My favorite part of the Draper Temple was the Celestial Room. The Spirit was so strong when we walked in."

Brinkley - "My favorite part was the bride's room. It was beautiful inside. I loved the lights. It was amazing trying to picture me in there someday."

Kasey - "I liked seeing the Celestial Room because it was really cool and I liked the chandeliers."

Kolby - "The Sealing and Celestial Room was my favorite because it was really special and I felt the Spirit inside of me. It was really fun."

Braxley - "I like the Baptismal font because it was nice to know that someday I will be able to go in that special water and do Baptisms for the Dead."

This is why we take the time with our family to enjoy these experiences together, because whenever we can feel the Spirit in our lives we are so blessed and it unifies us. I'm glad that my children love the Temple and know the importance of it and love attending the Temple. Brady, Brinkley and Kasey can always be found saying that they can't wait to do Baptisms in the Salt Lake Temple and in our new Oquirrh Mountain Temple when it opens. They have already been in the Jordan River Temple and will continue attending. Kolby and Braxley are excited to be older and participate in these ordinance as well. I am thankful for Temples.

1 comments:

Everyday Moments January 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

How nice that you were able to go. I'll bet the kids were anxious to get to see inside.

Post a Comment