Patriarchal Blessings and the Spirit
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Today Brady and Brinkley received their Patriarchal Blessings. It was a day full of feeling the spirit very strongly. As a family we fasted for the special event. We went to church and we were priveleged to hear from a missionary leaving our ward. He took practically the whole meeting time and his sisters sang. It was one of the best talks I have ever heard from a newly called missionary. I cried the whole time, intermingled with laughter. It was truly the most sincere talk of a boys feelings. But what was even more important to me, was that the talk and song really moved Brady. He cried the whole time and really lost it during the song. This is what feeling the spirit can do to someone. It can touch a boy so much and I'm so grateful that he had the opportunity to feel the spirit so strongly. All of us did. The whole ward did. Those are great Sunday's. A couple of hours after church was the Patriarchal Blessing appointment. Lorin Saunders is our Stake Patriarch. What a blessing it was to be invited into his home. We learned beforehand that his son is in our ward. Actually Brooke, who asked Brady to the Sweetheart Dance, is our Patriarch's granddaughter. He and his wife knew that Brooke had asked a boy, and now he was able to meet Brady. During our visit we learned that our Patriarch is first cousin's with Janice Kapp Perry and his sister is Joy Saunders Lundberg. Those names are very familiar because we have been enjoying their music for years. We listened as he shared stories and the boys were able to see the elevator in his house. He also gave us two books that he has written. He said that he doesn't just give his books out to anyone, but he really wanted to share them with our family. We are so grateful! He and his wife are so delightful and we appreciated being in their home for this special event for Brady and Brinkley. The blessings they each received were absolutely amazing. Brady and Brinkley felt very special and they can't wait to get their own printed copy. After the blessings, the Patriarch said to Brady, "you are going to be a great missionary." He said that because of what was told to him during his blessing. It made a real impression and it was incredible. I felt so blessed to be able to participate and learn more about Brady and Brinkley and what their future will hold. This is a day that won't be forgotten. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for righteous and worthy children who have a desire to do what is right and to be in Holy places. They love the Temple and they love going to church. I am grateful that they are senstive to the Holy Ghost and can feel the spirit and have it touch their lives and teach them. I'm grateful for my family.






3 comments:
What a great day for your Brad and Brinkley! I'm glad they had a wonderful experience with getting their blessings. You both are such great parents.
You are such a special family. I am so excited for the two of them. Give your family our love and thoughts--Paula
I have to show you the neatest thing I have where a lady formatted my blessing into my scriptures. Hard to explain but ask me next Sunday to show it to you. It would be a wonderful gift to your children. You are so blessed to have such wonderful children. We need to get together sometime for some parenting training :)
Post a Comment