Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

note to self: you are awesome

Monday, May 26, 2008

I heard of a cafe that offers a question a day for diners to ponder, answer internally or outloud. Here's one of the questions: What's awesome about you? How great would it be to start the day with a good pat on the back for your own awesomeness. I think it's a healthy dose of a good idea. I figure I spend enough time thinking about ways I can better myself, now it's time for a note to me about the awesome part of myself. I invite you to do the same...

I like that I can laugh at myself and laugh outloud at funny things.

I'm glad that I'm compassionate.

I like that I'm not competitive or care much about those Jones' next door.

I like that I can talk to just about anybody. I can comment on something in the store to the person who's in the same aisle.

I like that I enjoy giving compliments to others and hope to make them feel special.

I like that I am giving.

I like my blue eyes and that my son knows he has my eyes and has friends even comment to him that he has his mother's eyes...that's cool.

I like that I have faith.

I like that I love baseball, camping, scouts...so I make a great mom for boys.

I also like that I'm femine too and can do girly things with my daughter.

I like that I'm not high maintenance (I leave that to my husband).

I like that I'm geniune and not fake - and wouldn't even know how to be if I tried.

I like that I can cheer out loud for my kids in sports, music, etc.. I'm not embarassed and they like it.

I like that I encourage music in our family.

I like that I enjoy peace and can sit with myself in complete silence and be okay.

I like that I've worked very hard on the things that matter most, and I can see what a waste of time it is to sweat the small stuff.

It's awesome of me to help when I know I am able to, but I'm also able to say no when it's truly a hardship for me or my family. I like that I have come a long way in learning that balance and self-check is important and I have gotten a lot better at it.

It's fun to me that I love whipped cream and cupcakes.

I like that I'm a careful Mom - that I am comfy doing what I think is best even when it may appear to be different that the group norm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment