Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen

Seeing the Everyday in Twenty Thirteen
Our lives are the sum of each moment and interaction. Each day we work, eat, laugh, teach, play, read, remember...and work at it all again the next day. Within seemingly small exchanges we find opportunity to build relationships, develop character, find joy for the price of our time. Life's most essential possibilities are realized at home. Where we share, teach, grow, learn, serve, give our best without praise or fanfare. Because every effort, every moment matters in the development of a person. Nothing is really routine. I give myself for the good of my family and find the poetry within life's daily prose by Seeing the Everyday.

Thank you for a Wonderful Mother's Day

Monday, May 12, 2008

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. My family wanted me to have a Mother's Day "weekend" and not just a "day." It started out by me spending time at a store I have been wanting to visit ~ Philosophy. After my fun time at Philosophy where I fell in love with their many great scents and skin care, and was treated to a microderm abrasion mask. I came home to a Mother's Day poster that Brad and the kids made, surrounded by a dozen roses, a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips and Resees' peanut butter cups. I was able to choose a DVD of my choice from our collection, and so I chose "Return to Me." Love that movie! Brad then took me to Carrabba's for dinner and Braxley also came along. That was fun and yummy!

On Sunday, Mother's Day, I was served a very yummy breakfast. A homemade heart shaped waffle with strawberries and fresh whipped cream, bacon and orange juice. I appreciated so much the effort of making this breakfast special...and it was soooo tasty!

After breakfast the kids gave me their little gifts they made at school. Those are always so fun. Kasey made a bookmark and a MOM card. Kolby made flowers in a small pot out of straws and cupcake liners and wrote me a letter. And Braxley made me a Mother's Day booklet and shared some sweet thoughts and also made a flower card with his photo on it. Brinkley also made me a photo mousepad with a picture of the kids. After the gifts were given we went into our office and I was shown our family blog. Each of the kids wrote me a note, Brad included some quotes about Mother's, and Brinkley designed a musical photo slideshow. Of course this made me cry. It was very special.

Thank you for making my Mother's Day a special one. It's always the effort and thoughtfulness and means the most. I love you all very much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment